Well it is August 1st. I guess I didn't do so well in keeping up with the blog, but here is another try. Since I last wrote, so many things in our lives have changed. Tyler is no longer working at GMC, as of today. It was because of financial reasons and the church couldn't afford his position anymore. I no longer work at PCS, which is a very crazy story that I won't go into now. Instead I will be working at South Pekin teaching Science! We are in the process of finding a new home, new church, new job for Tyler, so we thought we had better keep the kids at PCS. This way they will have some sense of normalcy for this year.
As I write down all these things it seems weird that is only takes up a few sentences. The past four months have been filled with anger, disbelief, sorrow, heartache, tears and confusion. But as I have been told many times....."We might not know what the future holds, but we know who holds the future."
Now before you think that I have sunk into a deep depression, I want you to know that through all this I have felt the hand of God leading and guiding constantly. Many of you know I am not the calmest person in the world and am very.... um ....well... let's just say opinionated. :-) However through this I actually have been quite calm and have tried to keep my mouth shut. I have given it all to God and have trusted Him for everything. He will deal with the people that need to be dealt with, that's not my job. He will provide for all of our needs, just as he has in the past. He will heal the hearts that need to be healed. God and HIM alone is in charge.....and thank goodness! Some of this stuff there is no way I could handle all by myself!
And of course, I am not by myself. My family has been awesome through every single step and "mis-step" of this journey. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the ROCK that Tyler is to me as well. I have the privilege of being married to my best friend. We talk, we laugh, we fight, we cry, but all with love in our hearts for each other and for the Lord.
It's not over though. Rough times are still ahead. We press on, with faith. Faith that gives us peace. Sometimes a peace that passes all understanding. But we will go on ministering to others and telling of HIS love. It might be in completely different locations, with different people and in different ways, but that's OK. The Lord will help and guide us, no matter what our jobs are.
Also don't think that I have missed all the good through this as well. As I said Tyler has been my rock and anchor through all of this. We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this June. Also we have taken a few "mini-trips" with the kids, which were very fun! Even terrorizing Brennan by taking him up into the St. Louis arch. :-) The kids have been great! They have loved us, hugged us and prayed for us too! I hope they can see how God is with us in the good times and the difficult times too. Emmy keeps reminding us that God has a plan!
I would ask that you pray for us as a family as we make all these changes. Pray that Tyler finds the right job, that I can adjust to my new job, and that through it all the kids would be open to change and handle it well.
Thank you to all the people who have shown great love to us and have never stopped praying!
We love you and couldn't do any of this without you!
God Bless and Keep praying!
Cindy
Jeremiah 29:11, James 5:15, Hebrews 6:19

1 comment:
I've been pretty certain about where you've been over the past few months, but to see you verbalize and share it here is great! I hope you know that I pray for you and your family on a very regular basis and am actually excited to see what God continues to do in and through your family.
Love all of you!!
Tanya
Post a Comment